Friday, October 22, 2010

Food for Thought

I love food and old things so I decided to have two "theme" days to pay tribute to two of my many loves.  From now on Fridays will be "Food for Thought Fridays".  So here it goes...


Mels Kitchen Cafe Romaine Salad.  Very Yummy.  A couple of recommendations...1: use her spiced pecans recipe, I'd never had spiced pecans before and I was missing out.  These are also great for a snack. 2: I didn't love the dressing. I felt like it was very oniony.  It is worth trying but I put poppyseed dressing on it the next day and it tastes a lot better.  A raspberry dressing would be good too. 3:  If you like a light onion taste cut the red onions in half.


Cookin' Canucks White Chocolate Brownie was a fun dessert to make and varied from my mostly chocolate based desserts.  It tasted a lot like Applebee's "Blondie".  It was a little dry the next day so I recommend making it when the whole plate can be consumed at a party or when you are feeling lonely.  

Next weeks addition will be "Thrifty Thursdays".  I've been finding way to awesome of junk to not share it with you.  For now you can enjoy my newly found Sugar Shaker about to be attacked by a giant baby.  

No comments: