Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Shortcomings

I tried three new things this last week and ALMOST made them as cute as their originals.
Here's what I tried:


This fancy tree skirt from "Centsational Girl".  I tried using felt and tulle instead of the fur and it just doesn't look as cute.  Click on the above link for the original tutorial.




I made this cute dress for my daughter from "Lil Blue Boo" (the pic above is from her blog).  Again it didn't turn out as cute as hers.  I didn't use enough snowflakes and the dye bleed through the freezer paper so my snowflakes are dull.  At least their not yellow right???




And finally I attempted this cinnamon roll recipe from My Kitchen Cafe.  I LOVE cinnamon rolls and have never been able to make them well.  Apparently my husbands Grandma cooks amazing cinnamon rolls so it scares me even more to make them.  Needless to say the end result had "potential".  I put way too much cinnamon on them and cut them too thin.  So in about two years I'll give it another shot!

Hope you guys are all ready for Christmas.  Ms. This and Ms. That will be taking a short break to enjoy the holidays with the family.  Merry Christmas!  

Sincerely,
Ms. This



No comments: