Friday, May 7, 2010

Banana Bread


I really enjoy Banana Bread and my moms recipe has always been my favorite.  It is super easy and super yummy which makes for a double threat.  I made some yesterday and thought I would share the recipe with you.


Banana Bread

½ Cup margarine
1 Cup Sugar
3 medium over ripe bananas mashed
2 eggs (well beaten)
1 ½ Cup flour
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda

Mix dry ingredients together, set aside.
Cream margarine and sugar together.
Add bananas and eggs.
Add dry mixture, blend together (but not too much).
Pour into loaf pans.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
Makes two 3 ½x7 loafs.

*Did you know that you can freeze bananas???  I didn't know that until I went over to my friends house and she had a million bananas in her freezer.  I made this bread from frozen (thawed out) bananas and it turned out great.
**Does anyone else have to use Gwen Stefani's HollaBack Girl song to spell bananas?
***It's Friday!  That makes me happy.

1 comment:

Lisa Rupp said...

this is great! I've been wanting to make banana bread lately.