Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Book Worm

One positive thing about nursing for me is that I get to set down, relax, and read while my daughter is getting chubbier. I've been able to complete these three books in the last couple months and wanted to recommend them to you.

Bud, Not Buddy:  Laugh out loud funny.  The main character in this book is a young orphan boy.  He uses many defense mechanisms to survive all the trials he is faced with.  The beauty of this book is in him being able to let go of his defenses and love others and be loved back.
Purchase Here

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings:  Poetic and Comical.  I love how Maya is able to recall her childhood from her mind as a child.  She doesn't put her adult opinion into what she went through which I think would be a hard thing to do.  There are a couple of terrible things that happens to her as a child that made it hard for me to sleep that night. I'm hesitant to recommend the book to you but I feel like I learned a lot from it.  If your interested in reading this book contact me and I'll give you a heads up.
Purchase Here

Esperanza Rising:  My least favorite of the three but a lovely read.  Esperanza is an extremely blessed girl who ends up getting everything taken away from her.  What I like about this book is her ability to adjust to unfortunate circumstances and love people from all walks of life.
Purchase Here

Sincerely,
Ms This

No comments: