Friday, May 21, 2010

Heirlooms



A few days ago I went to visit one of my grandmothers and came home with awesome spectacles.  My grandma said she had found them and was going to throw them away, but there was no way I was going to let her do so.  So she let me have them and now they sit on my nightstand.  She wore these glasses when she was about twenty years old, so during WWII.  I absolutely love them and am so glad she let me have them.

This isn't a very good picture but at the top of the rims there are small diamonds.  There is a lot of detail on these glasses.

My next retro finding is from my other grandparents.  I was cleaning their house one day and came across these groovy 70's drinking glasses.  My grandparents don't use them anymore so I asked if I could have them.  They agreed and now I use them for decoration and one day I will use them to drink from as well.

1 comment:

elysebeard said...

KC: I get the feeling that you're gonna be one of those old ladies who keeps all of the calendars through the years and have rooms full of old stuff. Maybe you'll be on that show Hoarders. haha. Those glasses are sweet though