Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Swaddle Blankets

I never swaddled my first baby.  We tried it once at the hospital, she fussed a little bit so we hurry and took off the blanket declaring that she hated it.  Well I want to swaddle this next one because I think it would of made our first a little more comfortable.  A lot of people swear by it.  My friend recommend these cute blankets and said they worked really well for her son.  They are made really big and thin so you have enough material to swaddle and they won't get too hot.

This picture comes from Amazon.  Now if you clicked on the link you saw that the blankets are $25.  A little too pricy for my liking.  So I decided to make my own and here is what I cam up with:




I made these two blankets by picking out cute flannel material and using Bias tape to finish the edges.  It was super easy and only cost $7.00 a blanket.  Ok I lied the one with the coral edges was kind of hard.  The bias was really thin which made it difficult to attach to the material.  If you want to try something like this out I recommend using the Double Fold Extra Wide Bias Tape.  That is what the blanket with the white edge has and it was much easier to work with.  The finished blanket measures 42 x 42 inches.

Here is a shopping list for one blanket:
44 inches of flannel fabric (wash and cut square once purchased)
5 yds of bias Tape
Matching Tread

Sincerly,
Ms This
  

No comments: